From EDDC Residents’ update email 25/2/22:
East Devon District Council (EDDC) need residents’ views, before 6 March 2022, to create a clear vision to work towards, for the next 10 years.
EDDC needs your views on:
- What physical activities you take part in now and what you would like to do in the future so that you can be more active, more often, whether this be, for example, through walking, playing football or dancing.
- What you think is good about our existing leisure facilities; our sport, health and physical activity services available within the community; and our great outdoors, and what could be improved.
- Whether and how the Coronavirus pandemic has affected the physical activity you do.
The council has employed consultants to develop a Leisure and Built Facilities Strategy for East Devon.
The document will allow EDDC to:
- Ask for money from new home developers, in East Devon, to help pay for things like leisure centres, sports facilities, and other outdoor or indoor leisure opportunities.
- Understand if the leisure facilities and services that the council subsidises offers residents value for money.
- Understand whether the council’s current focus to provide built facilities for residents to undertake physical activity is right or whether it should focus on providing more outdoor informal opportunities such as open spaces.